Friday, March 16, 2007

Mysteries of characters.

There’s this girl J in my neighborhood who is as old as my brother. I became close her more after the dismiss of her father. We have had our ups and downs along the way. Many memories we would not forget doing together. She’s hopped in between jobs since I knew her. Lately she’s got herself a job which her working hours are way different than mine, so we hardly meet.

Yesterday I met her and Jessie. We all went home together as Jessie was sweet enough to drive us home. Three months ago J enrolled in a weight management program and has since lost about close to 20 kg. I had a picture of her taken before losing her weight and showed her for her reflection. The first comment she did was, “God! I was so fat!!!!!”. I just smiled at her amazement. Not only that, she showed Jessie the photo and Jessie who is a very sophisticated and pretty women was indeed very happy and motivated J to keep up the good work. I’m happy J has lost a lot of weight but I somehow feel offended and it was for a moment there like I did not exist.

Anyway I’m always a blur with both of them. So today I just mailed J as I use to everyday asking her how was she doing and she replied me this “Am ok so far. Just additional work to do. I still cannot believe my picture I saw. I was soooooooooo huge. My god. No wander all the proposal I had the guys would have got scared, seeing me so big.” And my reply to that was “Well good for u and hope no one runs after this”. J replied my mail asking me something else after that. I'm not sure if she felt I was jealous and annoyed with her at that point but I’m sure I was annoyed. The thing is I was a little annoyed because I’m big as well. It felt like someone taking a knife and piercing deep into my soul. The least I believe she could have been a little considerate.

I just don’t understant how can people change overnight just because they have achieved something now which they have been craving from those days. If I were to be the one who reduce weight I don’t think I’ll change my whole self and character. I won’t put another fat person down and make her or say things that would hurt her. Even my words of encouragement I will not hint that I’m great and she’s not. I only do lashing when people hurt me but end of the day I’d feel bad that I’ve hurt someone. For example now, I've finished my degree and I'm proud of it but I don't go flashing to people how educated and great I am because that's is something not important in the basis of friendship.

It’s just sad how people change just because suddenly the fit the fit, hot and trendy group. It’s like the movies we see; a geek group girl becomes popular among the famous group and then is used and she turns down her geek friends just to show she is superior. Just so sad is what I feel. Then again many will say I’m jealous and that’s why I’ve blogged this. The truth is, fat or thin I’m the same and only a few will know that……..

What would have I say if I were J.... " Hey, I just can't believe the progress I've made from then to now. I'm just happy I made it this far and hope you'd do the same so we both can find our ideal ones without being rejected.... time we reject guys instead.... you have a nice day".

1 Comments:

At 12:40 AM, March 26, 2007, Blogger Anu said...

Some people remember their past, while others run away from them.

As long as u don't forget, that is all that matters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home