Thursday, February 15, 2007

Trekking Experiance

The past two days have been hectic. We got to retire from last night only at 11.55pm. By the time we girls got our bath and headed the bed it was close to 1.00am. Just when you dream of that thought of final relaxation, suddenly we were wakened up with a loud sound of bell. Gosh it was time to get up for our jungle trekking adventure. We all gathered in our groups at the assembly ground by 2.30am and were given detailed information about our trekking.

Guess what? We actually trekked without lights! Our hand phones were confiscated and our only guidelines were some reflecting red lights. It was a very cool and scary adventure I would say. At first I wanted to pass the trekking experience but thought what adventure I’d be missing so decided to trek. It was truly an adventure. Can you imagine, trekking in your group with no surveillances, no guides, it’s just you and the road. You don’t know when you’d be passing a hole pathway or hiking or if there are rocks and river in front of you. So cute how a few facilitators just planted themselves on certain pit stops just to ensure the contestants are not cheating by having a torch light with them or hand phones. It was scary when the facilitators purposely just made owls noise just to scare us. Anyway we walked in groups and I’m glad I had good supportive group members who really understood that I’m wounded and they really cared for me.

The first half of the trekking took us 40 minutes till we came to a pit stop. Here we all gathered and waited for the Malay prayers time. While waiting some people just dozed off at the give matt. At about 7.15am we were given Maggie Mee and egg to cook on our portable truly camping stoves. There were nothing but just charcoal and a container to cook. The best was that after that we had to eat using the small branches because no spoons or folk was provided. It was truly a survival camp. After that about 8.15am we continued our jungle trekking. Everything was so cool I would say. We had to walk through tunnels, cross highways; I got stuck in the muddy areas. It was all cool. Even the fact how we got conned in not succeeding the mission of the track towards end of the day was so funny. Over all it was a good trip! There’s a lot to tell but I don’t think the memories can be blogged here. Perhaps someday I can tell you the story.

It’s almost 11pm now. I’m home and got MC for tomorrow. My back is truly swollen. Anyway I’m not happy with the doctor. Shall go for a second opinion tomorrow with my panel doctor. Just so glad that finally the camp is all over and today is a night for me with my pillows and blanket and bolster……….. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home