Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine oh Valentine!

I remember last year I spent this day with Joyce where we watched two movies back to back. “Derailed” and “Prime”. This year I did plan to take the day off till my MD told my boss that I’m off no excuse and need to join the Camp.

Anyway I had a gift from the man above! I slipped and hurt my backbone. Right at the anus bone! Ouch… Now I can’t sit nor can I stand without having a bad pain. I feel a hump there… my guess would be that it’s swollen. I think I’ll pass jungle trekking tomorrow.

It’s my 27th Valentine’s Day and for the first time I’m stuck in a place with no entertainment, no phone line, no friends and no luxury of life! Totally lonely in this survival camp. Luckily I still could manage to send sms to some of my friends from my room because that’s the only place I could get reception. I’m very surprise that Ish (My long lost friend) called. It was truly funny because when I told him I’m stunned he called, he just replied “I knew I better call before I get a long lecture from you”. He he. So cute how he knows me so well. I also managed to speak to Anita and Suresh but Suresh had forgotten about talking to me but he remembers talking to Anita. He he, signs of growing old I guess! Can’t blame him. It’s just so sad Suresh is in Tawau and may not be down for Chinese New Year… there goes my hopes of meeting him.

Anyway a question I ask myself always is how I would want to spend my Valentine’s Day. How do I have everything without making my husband or boyfriend spend a lot knowing how prices of things are hiked up during Valentine’s. Maybe he can buy the roses and gifts two days before the day and keep it fresh and then on Valentine’s midnight present it to me. Maybe take a day off and go for an early movie where there would be less crowd and then head back for a romantic candle light dinner at home. It could be something cooked together or take away. There’s nothing like finishing the night with the finishing touch of strawberries and ice-creams for desserts. Perhaps white wine or champagne could be ideal too.

Gosh I can’t wait to feel it all. A question deep in my head, would I be lucky enough to feel love or not? I just hope there is someone for me to call my own for I’m someone who will just die fast being lonely.

I quote a sms which I received from my cousin “Love makes life so confusing and difficult but without love, would you want to live? Without you I cannot breathe also because my heart always and will always be with you”. Who ever you may be, May love find us soon. Happy Valentine’s Sweetie.

To all my friends and cousins and relations and readers, A blessed Valentine’s to you all too.

Cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home