Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Lunch with Anita

It’s been two months plus now since I met my friend Anita and that’s why I accepted her invitation for lunch on Saturday. At the beginning she was suppose to have other engagements but since last minute her date cancelled on her, I was her second choice! Gee I’m just the second best thing, but I’m not complaining because she treated me. Hehehe. I had wine while she had two cocktails. Not sure what was it that she had. Anyway I met her after work about 2.30pm.

Anyway it was good meeting her. We catched up with gossips and what's been happening with us in this fast moving era and one of them was of course talking about our missing member Suresh Nair!!! Poor boy stuck in Tawau and won't be able to come back to meet his angels. Suresh if you are reading this then come back fast, we are waiting to take you for out for dinner.
Anyway Anita and I went to Chili's in Midvalley. Before we left back Anita just said, " I've never seen anyone taking 3 hours just to finish a glass of wine!" and I could only reply, "yeah, I don't want New Year's repeating history at this point of time!". I guess you all know who she meant! Gee..... life!.

Anyway Anita's treat was because she's been confirmed in her job. So congradulations girl!. And thanks for making me sin again by drinking wine during lent.

I was distracted by a small boy somewhere halfway of our lunch. The boy is a Malay mix Chinese but he looked very much Chinese with his spike hair, big round eyes and a very cheeky smile with dimples too. Before leaving I just walked over to the baby who was sitting in the toddler chair, pinched his cheek and just handed my hand towards him. The thing that made it all good was his soft fingers gripping mine. That experiance is something I'd never trade for anyone. One moment there it was as if I had this child looking up to me in full innocence and adoration. Just wished he was mine so I could have squished him! Hopefully have mine soon!

I reached home almost 7. I was suppose to join the Chinese New Year dinner thrown by my Chinese neighbours but decided to pass because I was firstly dieting and secondly just too lazy to get out after working and meeting Anita. Thank God my dad approved but my mum did not look the least thrilled.

Anyway that night about 11.15pm I drove to KL Sentral to pick my brother who came back from Sabah. Reached home at almost 12.30am and then watched the women's 10 of American Idol on 8tv. I did not go to church the next day. Really sinning this 2007!!!!

2 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, March 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't force u to drink, did I?
U could have had juice...lol...anyway it was a good day, had fun! :)

Anita ;)

 
At 5:03 PM, March 14, 2007, Blogger foreverinteresting said...

Thank u. I had fun too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home