Monday, January 15, 2007

Centenary Celebration of St Barnabas Klang (Part One)

I can’t believe I’m actually attending a 100th year celebration of something! At first I did not feel like going but since my cousins and uncle were the main leaders and organizers, I thought why not… after all it’s going to be something like the Dinner and Dance night they organized in 2005 and FUN was the only reflection when my dad bought the ticket for me.

So Friday I reached Klang at 6.30pm. My uncle fetched me from the commuter station. It was good. We had this talks catching up with what’s happening and all. I had my bath and by 8.00pm we left to the church because my cousins and uncle have this one last meeting before the event. While they were at the meeting, my aunty and I had a stroll and shopped for a pair of slippers for I did not realize mine was broken. Since I was using Punjabi suit, it was only fair to look of appropriate sandals as closed shoes would not suit and attire of such. Thankfully I managed to find this sandals which fit my leg and at reasonable price. My tummy was already rumbling due to hunger yet I have to wait for my cousins and uncle to be done because I owe them all a treat. It’s a small agreement my uncle and I have. I know its funny when people read this blog to understand how can uncles and nieces have bargains and agreements when it comes to food and all but that’s they way my uncle and me work. I’d not deny that it’s weird but I’ll say I enjoy it and it has always brought us stronger. People change at one point especially as they grow older but some things about me will always be the same. Okay back to the event.

Anyway that night we ended at the mamak near my uncle’s house at 11.30pm. We had dinner or we shall call it supper for many. I ordered Maggie goreng ayam. It was just what I needed since the last meal was breakfast at 11.00am. ……… end of Friday………..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home