Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Boxing Day!!!!

So it’s the 26th of December. It’s also known as the Boxing Day. While everyone has taken long leave till the New Year, here I am working. Management of your leave is also important… this is the lesson I learnt for this year. I use to take half days and Mc’s just to keep my friends company for a movie and towards the end, I’m not appreciated. One of my New Year’s resolutions is definitely going to be living my life the way I want it. But of course I don’t see that happening on the wide scale as I’m still wrapped under my parent’s roof.

After work today my colleagues and I visited my ex-colleague’s house. Aunty Devi passed away last month of heart problems. It’s just so devastating and still is for many of us. Anyway my colleagues and I just went for a visit to visit her son and her mother. It was indeed a very different visit this time. I was indeed shock to hear one of the stories Devi’s mother told me. It seems someone stole all off Aunty Devi’s jewelry on her 30th prayer day. Those were the jewelry that aunty last used before she passed. It was indeed shocking. I’ve always seen these things in Tamil movie in the comedy parts whereby the joker will pretend to be a dead man’s relative and he’d mourn and slowly try to steal the person’s possessions but never knew it was possible in the reality. I at times now wonder if it was stolen or genuinely went missing. Maybe the unseen has worked its way. Mysteries, only aunty Devi can answer if she was still alive.

I’m just happy to see the son smiling at me the usual way. I bought him Ferrero Chocolates. He loved it and thanked me. I remember teasing the small boy about wearing pants that were air conditioned. Actually he had a rip right at his private (smiles). It was cute. One minute I wished he was my age… could have had bigger imaginations! Geezzzz I must really be getting old!. Anyway I’m glad that even though Devi is gone, her sister in law has given us the green light to visit Kabilan (Devi’s son) anytime we wish. For this reason I’m happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home