Thursday, November 16, 2006

RM20000 BABY

I heard a life story today and was surprised. A colleague of mine had a baby boy. I was so happy when she had her baby because it was after a long time that she delivered. I bumped into her today and was telling my ex colleague that I’m so happy for her and was wondering when she was going to have her second kid. Then my ex colleague just blurted “if she can afford 20000 again then she can”.

The thought of RM20000 just struck me. Life is just so full of mystery when you sit and think. I come from very orthodox Indian background. It’s always the case when a girl reaches 25 and if she’s still single, the community talks as to why the girl is not married. Just when you think the mouth will stop which is doesn’t, it starts of another question, “so long married, why don’t want to have a kid ah?” This may seem like the next best question to ask but the mystery behind it could be a painful story. Some couples want to have kids but nothing seem to happen. When questions like this are posted to their direction it costs a lot of damages mentally for those involve.

I was told this colleague of mine had a problem. The husband had to donate his sperm to the sperm bank first and then the sperms are injected to her uterus. I think this is something like the In-vitro baby process. The cost of that is RM20000.00. She was lucky to have the process successful and have a very healthy baby. I question myself…. “Would I have spent that much to have a baby of my own? If I had not then would I have opted for the next best option which would be adoption?”

I guess it’s easier said then done when you think of it all. What I can say is that, that boy… is definitely one lucky kid to have such loving parents. As for me, well I have nothing to say at this point. I shall save my comments when I cross that bridge. For now, He's considered a RM20000.00 BABY. Wish him and his parents all the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home